DaveLunt.net - Dr Dave Lunt | FastTree 2.5: Update
42
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-42,single-format-standard,qode-quick-links-1.0,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-11.0,qode-theme-bridge,hide_inital_sticky,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.5.3,vc_responsive
 

FastTree 2.5: Update

FastTree 2.5: Update

The prediction I made before about a long silence once this year’s students turned up was sadly accurate. Anyway, students dealt with, grant proposal submitted, lectures (mostly) given, bureaucracy reduced (a bit), time to get on with some phylogenetics.

I was playing before with FastTree. Although it looks to have been quite well tested by its developers its always worth investigating real-world experiences. Last time I put together a little perl script to time the runs, but then I noticed that it actually reports the number of seconds taken. Hmmm did I just miss that all along or did it appear in version 1.0 and I didn’t notice. Oh well, either way I must pay more attention.

Morgan Price (the developer of FastTree) has released a version a few days ago that should compile without the malloc error I talked about before.



davelunt.net